We are seeking to fill a Controller role for our client in the Channelview area.
Our client is currently seeking a hands-on leader to join their team as the Controller. They are seeking a candidate with a strong work-ethic to handle the day-to-day accounting duties as well as serve in a leadership capacity. This is an exciting opportunity to start off with them on the ground floor and grow with the company.
* Responsible for day-to-day, hands-on accounting department duties, including bookkeeping, general transactions, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll oversight, and inventory.
* Development of financial objectives for the plant that are aligned to overall operational strategic objectives.
* Financial planning, budgeting and forecasting processes; providing in-depth analysis on budget to actual variances.
* Serves as the in-house expert for all financial systems, policies and procedures, to include creation, implementation, education and compliance.
* Promotes strong internal controls. Participates in plant audits, identifying areas of weakness or non-compliance and make necessary changes.
* Prepares financial analyses and reports as requested.
* Coordinates the plant physical inventory process.
* Leads the monthly closing process. Prepares, consolidates, and reconciles financial reports for month end closing.
* Highly involved in implementation, training, maintenance and reporting for all critical business systems.
* Leads proactive development of contingency plans, productivity improvement and corrective actions to ensure facility financial results and shareholder value is optimized.
* Acts as a resource to the leaders of the operation providing education and training on finance and accounting principles
* Leads IT initiatives in conjunction with Leadership team; directs IT consultants.
* Bachelor s degree (Accounting or Finance highly preferred)
* **Minimum of 5 years experience in accounting/finance in a manufacturing facility**
* Excellent computer skills, proficiency with Microsoft Office & Excel.
* Chemicals experience preferred
**This is a direct hire role. **
**Please send resume to Chelsey by applying here. **