Our **chemical** **client** in the Pasadena area is looking to hire an Assistant Production Manager to bring on to their growing team!
**Assistant Production Manager**
A highly motivated candidate with at least 3 to 5 years of experience in a **chemical** **company** who will provide a safe and productive work environment for manufacturing and production within the company.
**Responsibility and Authority**
* Assist in planning and organizing day to day production activities
* Assist in supervising shift operations of assigned production units
* Prepare and maintain production reports daily/weekly.
* Assist Plant Manager/ Production Manager in planning RM activities
* Ensure manufacturing procedures are followed and quality standards are maintained
* Support and maintain a training system to ensure production personnel are properly performing the tasks they are assigned
* Work with the leadership team to improve procedures and processes
* Become an EXPERT for the 5S Continuous Improvement Process
* Maintain good attendance and work hours necessary to complete assigned tasks. Must be available for daily production tailgate meetings along with morning staff meetings.
* Maintain a safe work environment by making sure that all safety rules are followed
* Assist in coordinating with Maintenance Department for any break down of plant equipment
* Support the EHS Coordinator in compiling Lucid Charts for Hazardous Energy Control Plans
* Monitor operations, set and implement corrective actions to prevent deviations
* Assist Production Manager in creating batch sheets and labels for the production shift
**Formal Education and Applicable Experience**
* Some college education with Chemistry core classes
* 3-5 years in the chemical industry
* Strongly motivated individual who works independently with minimal supervision
* Demonstrated ability to motivate self and others toward team goals and objectives.
Please submit your resume to Philip today to be considered for this role!